[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - EQ Next

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EQ Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:15 pm 
Officer

Magelo: 0
Anyone planning on giving EQ Next a try?

I've watched the videos about it on youtube and it looks interesting. Not sure how much time I might have to play with 3 kids wanting daddy's attention but maybe I can sneak an hour or so.

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

Post subject: Re: EQ Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:33 pm 

EQ Next expansion...then another expansion....then another opportunity for a premium account...then another expansion

Attachments:
gu_20040526.jpg
gu_20040526.jpg [ 40.77 KiB | Viewed 1673 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:07 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Livo . . . so young, and yet so cynical. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:40 am 
Officer

LoL!

Lively you might find this funny.
http://www.thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=440

Well friend of mine gifted me EQN and it includes closed beta access. We will see.

I've also read that Lord British himself is doing a kickstarter funded "classic" RPG game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:39 pm 

funny stuff, lol
i can picture a zork mmo, hehe

/wave Alley, i'm glad to see you :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:44 am 
Officer

Only if I can play a Grue!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:51 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Don't even know what it's about...guess I'll look see.

Got the youngest one WoW for Xmas this year. He leveled up to 60 in a month. I told him it took me 10 years to get Drexxell to 60. Either he's playing too much or WoW is ridiculously easy to level up :)

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:36 pm 
Officer

Drexx you can start a character in Wow that starts at level 50 something. A death knight I believe. It doesn't take any time at all to reach max level. I have a friend who still plays.

EQ next is first coming out with a "pre" game called EQ next landmark. From what they were saying it sounds like a way to get players to create content for the game free. You will get tools to build in game stuff and apparently will be able to sell it for real cash etc. Later comes the actual game with all the quests and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:29 pm 
Officer

They lifted NDA even though we are still in alpha testing. So what is Everquest Next Landmark? It's a seperate "game" that will be associated with Everquest Next MORPG. It's almost a crafting system that's been turned into it's own game, and items created in it can be used in Everquest Next. Think of it as a free resource of materials created by players that can be used by Sony in their MORPG. You can create items and you will be able to try and sell them for actual cash. Playing Everquest next and want a cool castle you can shop templates that Landmark players have created and buy that lovely hillside chateau. EQN Landmark is only about 60% completed but it's showing real promise. Lots of growing pains and of course nothing we are creating will last through the testing process.

Here are a few screenshots of a castle I've been working on. You spend time gathering the materials like stone, wood, etc., and then you build it using tools you craft like "add" "subtract" and others. You save it as a template and as long as you have the materials to make it you can cut and paste another castle just like it with one click.

Attachments:
Castle.jpg
Castle.jpg [ 342.75 KiB | Viewed 1619 times ]
Side Castle.jpg
Side Castle.jpg [ 337.5 KiB | Viewed 1619 times ]
Top Castle.jpg
Top Castle.jpg [ 349.54 KiB | Viewed 1619 times ]

Last edited by Dorann on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:31 pm 
Officer

One last shot of me working on the inside. I"m building the castle in a mountain side and actucaly tunneling through the mountain and building on the other side as well. The entire world is made up of blocks called voxels, which can be built up and destroyed. This will be a feature that is carried over into EQN and looks to be pretty cool.

Attachments:
Working on inside.jpg
Working on inside.jpg [ 304.73 KiB | Viewed 1619 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:56 pm 
Officer

So just an update if anyone is interested they are going to closed Beta starting 3/26 and are taking down the servers for Alpha tonight. They are doing a complete wipe so bye bye castle.

In other news I've been playing EQ a bit lately and even talked Caldeen into playing again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:33 am 

Lots of neato info, thanks Dorann. Btw, castle was looking awesome.

Bten Nvitemin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:01 am 
Guild Leader

Hey Bten ltns

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:07 am 
Guild Leader

Hey everyone......hope Alley was not effected by the wild fires in the panhandle ...miss all you guys

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:12 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Thanks for the thought, Winde, but thankfully all is well in Amarillo. The fires were about 40 miles north in Fritch, near the Lake Meredith recreation area. Dozens of houses were burned, and the fire was difficult to control because of the high winds we've had lately.

This has been an interesting season for weather. We had 50 mph winds, 90 degree temps, and blowing dirt on Sunday; by Tuesday morning we had a 34 degree wind chill. My spring wardrobe has been . . . unusual.