[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - I suppose everyone has heard...

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:53 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

...about the SOE shutdown of EQ because of the hacking of the game? Whaddya think? Will we ever get back on?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:32 pm 
Guild Leader

I hope so Rayah.... hackers just make me wonna :soapbox: :censored: :P

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:37 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Goodness, that looks painful 8-O - but I'm not too fond of them myself. I've heard that they are no fly-by-night outfit...but real professionals.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:37 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
I thought it was worse than in-game stuff...my reading of the email from SOE was that their
personal info database (meaning NAMES and CREDIT CARD NUMBERS) was hacked too.

Anyone else get that from the email?

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:39 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

The email I got stated that the personal information was indeed hacked - name, phone number, email address. However, it specifically stated that credit card numbers were NOT compromised, since that information is on a separate, secure database and server.

It did mention that an old file from 2007 containing credit card information for non-U.S./non-Canadian players at that time had been compromised.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:41 pm 
Guild Leader

Yes I did... was more like names, passwords , phone numbers, e-mail addresss, home addresses but the only debtit card info was out of country older ones like in 2007....if u want Drexx I will forward what i got via e-mail to u or u can send me urs...which ever...kinda big to post on here??...it told me more or less they would not contact me via any of those asking personal information so be leary if I received anything asking for credit card info or anything.

What Rayah said :)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:40 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

You all are right...I read the email too fast. Nonetheless, it's still
best to take precautions. I received an email a few months back
that a similar attack occurred on Ohio State's database...just
about every piece of personal information from all Alumni was
compromised.

Then there's Playstation's issue recently. That, plus the 4 viruses I've
gotten on my PC in the last 2 years seems to have
vindicated my choice long ago that I'd NEVER plug a gaming system
into the internet. So far, so good :)

Anyway, glad it wasn't CC numbers for SoE!

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:33 pm 
Guild Leader

Ditto what Drexx said.......i wonder if they wiped the games (the hackers) completely like deleted all our toons or messed the files up so bad they can't repair the system back.....just something went thru my brain,
a bad thought :(

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:23 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Can't be that bad. Sony brought the servers down themselves and gave a whopping 15 mins warning.

I just wish they'd be straight with us about how long the servers will be staying down.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:47 pm 

I heard someone suggest that they weren't giving us a time because they expected it to be the end of May, and they didn't want a mass exodus from the game.

I hope that's not true.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:12 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:25 pm 
Guild Leader

You know someone really JACKED SOE up or it would not take this long to repair...just sayin :P

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:15 pm 

Is it still possible to access your own account for updates, subscription changes and stuff?

I don't have a facebook or twit thing

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:56 pm 

I don't have Facebook or Twitter either; I just pass on things as I hear them.

And as far as I know you can't access anything Sony-related. EQplayers and the forums are down.