[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Greetings!!

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Greetings!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:29 am 
Guild Leader

Where do I start...I have so many fond memories of EQ, made a lot of friends and some gone on to do other things ..so lots of heart breaks, anyone that has sat and waited on a mob to pop or just chatting with someone for hours on end can't help but form bonds....I have had quit a few real close EQ friends but only a few still play....and at this moment in time I have lost the excitement it once had. I guess me playing for socializing instaed of a die hard player has some hicups in the rl realm :P

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:30 am 
Guild Leader

/waving at all you guys passin thru :)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Think quick, Winde *tosses a a frisbee her way* :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 pm 
Guild Leader

:grin: hi everyone hope all is well...catching a frisbee as it goes sailing by :banana: :chili: :woot: :P :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:24 pm 
Officer

Magelo: 0
Hello to everybody. You know I actually re installed EQ on my computer after a long time with it being gone just to pop in and look around. I remember in 1999 when one of my close friends introduced me to the game the awe and excitement I had. Finally there was a game that really brought to life my many fantasies from playing pen and paper RPG's. Here was those imagined worlds brought to the screen with many real people I could interact with. I remember how I played for years, EQ was my main form of entertainment and socialization. I met many great people, some who I still stay in touch with, others who disappeared over time sadly or are no longer with us. For years I always said that I played because it was "fun". I only realized afterwards that in addition to being fun it was really the people that kept me coming back night after night. Sadly as life went on and things changed it started to seem more a job than a way to relax and friends started to leave or weren't on as much. Schedules changed kids were born, jobs changed and things just didn't seem to match up and some of the joy faded. I tried to make up for it with raiding and pushing to experience parts of the game that only a few ever get to see. For awhile that seemed to help but after a time even that became more a chore than a joy. After much thought I finally decided to hang up my sword and shield and find other ways to pass time. I discovered family and friends, and children to spend time with. I missed my online friends but honestly did not miss the game. I've tried many other games since and it's just not been like the old days. Most who play now are children and I'm honestly too old to put up with much of the drama that goes on. I also found that I quickly reached the "end" of new games and found nothing left to do. Everquest really is more than a name, it's the only game I've played where there's always something to do and places you have never been.

Now I play a new game for awhile with some close friends but mostly I've found I spend more time in the real world with friends and family and I now appreciate what that has to offer. I'll always remember my Everquest friends and the many adventures we had, jokes we shared, and very real relationships we built. Someday maybe one of my kids will get to experience that same joy and wonder and build the same memories and connections.

As for me, Dorann's days of charging through Anguish as the Main Assist/Trash tank may be over but he will always be watching and remembering his comrades.

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:17 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Dorann, that's a wonderful insight into what happened to a lot of us, almost exactly the same way. I know that is pretty much what happened to me. It also kind of puts things into perspective. It's true, especially about the "I'm too old for that kind of drama anymore." I'm embarrased to admit that I used to thrive on it :oops: Anyhow, thanks for sharing your experience.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:42 pm 

There's not a bit of shame in that, Rayah...

I have my own take on what happened to the game for me, but it's beyond the scope of this thread.

I miss the game, I really do. But things are what they are.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:45 pm 
Guild Leader

Hi everyone and what you said Dorann..I could and many of us I am sure, could put our names to the same words you wrote...I do miss the fun I had and the people I have made friends with over the years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:51 am 
Guild Leader

I was here :P :banana: :woot: :chili: :banana: :woot: :banana: :banana: :lol: Hi everyone hope everyone is doing well!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:04 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Hiya, Winde - I have some news...Wert and I bought ourselves a quad (four-wheeler in Americanese) each! I went riding on mine, which is named "L'il Devil" and is bright red, on the weekend past. I am exhausted and have aches in my body in places I didn't know could ache lol. Oh, but they are such fun!

They are both Polaris models, and mine is a Sportsman 400; Wert's is a Sportsman 500.

Mine has red she-devil decals on it. Wert called his the "Swamp Fox," and it is decked out in camo and has a gun scabbard. They are both decidedly cool-looking. I will have to put up some pics of them, when I take some (on the weekend, I was too busy learning how to drive this thing).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:10 am 
Guild Leader

:woot: n gratz to you both 4/wheelers are a lot of fun be safe and send us a pic of them :).../waves at all passing thru :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:46 am 
Guild Leader

:banana: :chili: :banana: :chili: ...just waving hi :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:14 pm 
Guild Leader

Been 4 or 5 days and no one has nothing to say 8-O :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 am 
Elder

Holyhoks :P

Grandmaster all trade skills (300)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:42 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Dude, Aloha, Shalom.

(Words that mean several things in their languages)

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next