[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - It's time again...this time for good....

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Everyone,

I began playing Everquest in 2001, and joined WoV almost immediately. Everquest was exciting and fun for a long
time, but when I felt it was time to walk away. By January 2007, I had retired.
That lasted 20 months, but in the fall of 2008 I returned, feeling both the need to scratch a regular gaming itch, and
the need to have a regular hobby to distract me from some things. Talinoth and I started new characters, and Druul and
Denelan were a good team.

A few things have happened along the way. Of greatest significance is the fact that in the last 2 years I've been hit with a
massive debilitating computer virus 4 separate times while playing Everquest. It is possible that EQ had nothing to do with
it, but I can't help feel that there is some connection. The most recent attack was just this last Sunday, causing about 3
hours of lost sleep while I worked with AV tech support to get Norton re-loaded and my computer scanned.

Then, there was the fact that this happened in the middle of a (theoretically) quick trip to PoSky for Denelan to get part
of her epic done. The Azarack pathing issues has deteriorated so much that nobody can get keyed past island 2 anymore.
That tells me that Sony just doesn't care about the game, and that makes me care even less.

Finally, as if all that weren't enough, the guild is very empty after the mass exodus to Heroes. I still like the friendly
hellos with Lively, Windelyn and Talinoth. But there's rarely anyone else on, or even in the guild. Having a bad time
with the game isn't helped by having really nobody to talk to about it.

I'm pretty sure this marks my permanent exodus from Everquest. I'll be putting the "retirement" notes up on my EQ web
pages, and my checking of this board will probably drop from it's almost-nil to nil status soon.

I hope that everyone who I've befriended over the years in the game enjoys a long and happy life. For me, I don't know
when I'll feel the urge to have a regular game night again, but it seems certain that EQ won't be the thing that
scratches that itch.

Best wishes to all,

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:34 am 
Officer

I'm better off to have known you in EQ. Had some fun times, but times change unfortunantly. I hope you find another game that catches your interest the way this one did in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Best wishes for the future, Dru. EQ and particularly WoV were improved by your participation. Being part of the Dragon Hunters and helping with your epic write-ups are some of my best gaming memories. And, ah, those Plane of Sky raids! We learned, we laughed, we got death touched. Good times.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:46 am 
Elder

I wish you the best and I am sorry to see your retirement from the game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:50 pm 
Officer

Retirement has it's good points. I enjoyed the many times gaming with you in the past and still miss hanging out with my EQ friends. Life goes on and we find new things. It's a shame to hear the old zones are not being kept up. The game is massive and I'm sure some of the original code is a mystery to the folks working it now. I play a bit of LOTRO these days. I can pop in fast, do my thing, play for free if I want to or pay for full game. There's people there but it's not super crowded like WoW. I'm in no rush to "win" and there are even a couple of familiar EQ players that play and pop in from time to time. Good luck to you and I hope you find something you enjoy.

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:55 am 

I'm sorry to see you go Drex, but not entirely surprised.

Playing the game has lost a great deal of its appeal for me as well, but your thread's not about me.

You're always welcome here. I hope to hear from you again.

/salute

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:58 pm 
Guild Leader

I am saddened to hear this but now days not real surprised not to much left to WoV but our memories :(

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may the Gods hold you in the palms of their hands.
(Traditional Gaelic blessing with a slight change)

It's been a pleasure knowing you, Drexx - I think I know how you feel. Hope you be happy :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Take care Drexx.

I may not be tough, but damnit I can get good and mad!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:59 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Drex sorry you are leaving this time. Figures when I just get back on everyone leaves :) Good luck to you Drex keep in touch.

Windweyen - level 24 Ranger
Musickiller - level 20 Bard
Mordemonk - level 29 Monk
Mordewiz - level 18 Wizard