[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - "Group Perfected...." spells?

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:16 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Will someone please point this ignorant fool to an explanation
of what "group perfected" spells are? I found myself the
recipient of group perfected levitation yesterday but didn't
know what it meant.

Thanks,

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:31 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Group perfected levitation is an AA that druids and other classes can buy. I griped about having to spend so many AAs to purchase this (requirement is self lev, which is 9 AAs), and the group AA is 12 more, making a total of 19 for something I thought was fairly useless.

Since then I've become a believer. Unlike the group camo AA which can be cast only on your group, the group lev may be cast on other groups. It's instant cast, quick refresh, and can be done on the run. It is very useful in a raid context when the boss mob is stripping your lev every 30 seconds, sending you into lava, and in other locations in Crystallos. It's also "permanent," meaning you have it until it's stripped or you die (or click it off). It won't wear off.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:07 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

would like to get group but rangers only get self

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:00 am 
Friend of WoV

I believe all int casting classes get this as well. I know mages do, and chanters at least get the self version, so probably group as well.

Nemesis of Quillmane and self-proclaimed master of Kedge Keep
Lease holder for the rooftops of Gyrospires Beza and Zeka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Wizards get that also but I did not realize that it was for other groups. I guess if i can scrounge up 12 aa I will buy it. I also have group perfected Invis, which does not wear out, until druids, who we all love and respect, cast their camo that overwrites it LOL. Am wondering if they extended perfected invis to other groups?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:07 am 

I don't think I get group perfected invisibility. I just have group camo, which DOES last 30 minutes, so my apologies in advance when I overwrite yours with mine :). In my defense, 30 minutes is generally long enough to get us where we're going.

I'm wondering, though - doesn't yours provide some protection from certain see invis mobs? If so, then you should totally be petitioning to make yours safe from being overwritten.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:19 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:45 am 
Elder

[quote="Allegretta"]Group perfected levitation is an AA that druids and other classes can buy. I griped about having to spend so many AAs to purchase this (requirement is self lev, which is 9 AAs), and the group AA is 12 more, making a total of 19 for something I thought was fairly useless.

Ummm, In my school years, a looonnnggg time ago, 9+12 = 21 :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 am 

D'oh. I think the self lev must be 7 AAs, then, because I remember it totaling 19.

Do I get a pass because I'm blonde?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:50 am 
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:55 am 
Elder

I believe it was 7 for the self only.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:03 am 
Elder

Also, the group perfected levitation does not overwrite the self only.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 pm 
Friend of WoV

Perfected invis and cast invis are, as far as mobs seeing through it, the same invis. This goes for camo as well. The only differences are in duration.

There are some spells/effects that grant an "enhanced" invis effect. This is not to be confused with the spell improved invisibility, which is a standard cast invis, just fixed instead of random duration. The enhanced invis effect is the same thing as the rogue shroud of stealth invis, which fewer mobs see through than the regular invis. The only improved invis effects I know of (not saying there aren't others) are the rogue shroud of stealth and the cauldron summoned windcloaks.

As a side note if you shroud as a level 70+ rogue you can get the shroud of stealth ability, making it handy for getting quests in hard to reach places (or getting location updates in hard to reach places).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:54 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Wert has that shroud and he can go places most people can't...and still live. He loves it.

I wonder why, though, whenever I am in a group with the perfected group invis that so many people wearing it are seen by mobs, but this doesn't seem to be the case as much when wearing camo. I know it's not just my perception. Other people have said this too. Is there another reason this might be true? Or are we hallucinating from too many spiked batwing crunchies?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 pm 
Friend of WoV

Mmmm... spiked batwing crunchies.

I seriously think it's just a perception thing. I've never heard anything about there being a difference between invis and camo, and the effect listed on both on Allah is "invisibility", though to be fair that's what's listed for the SoS cloak as well. The only place you see different is in the spell description given by the cloak. I have used it before though to reach places my own invis fails me (ran all the way to the top of Beza), so I know it's definitely not normal invis.