[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Chelsea!

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Chelsea!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:42 am 
Friend of WoV

Magelo: 0
Thanks folks! I'll be sure to post more pictures as we go. :)

Kandar: Nope. I don't smoke, and don't do anything with tobacco products. There was a scene in one of the original series Star Trek books that covers it nicely: some father offered Spock a cigar when a child was born, and Spock politely declined to participate in the cancer-death lottery tradition. (He logically concluded that the cigar tradition was a way of killing off extra population to make room for the new arrival, or something like that. It's been ages since I read that.)

Honeydew: I've been an amatuer insomniac (I'm not a "professional" only because nobody pays me) for many years, so the total number of hours I sleep hasn't changed much. I have been feeling some pain because the few hours of sleep I get have not been contiguous ... but so far, so good. ;)

Gealaen Gaiamancer (EQ2 Warden & Tailor)
Thaentos (EQ2 Shadowknight & Carpenter)
Acade Spiritscribe (EQ2 Mystic & Sage)
Aegad Bottlebreaker (EQ2 Conjuror & Alchemist)
Tyraen Thornheart (EQ2 Ranger & Woodworker)
Ardra (EQ2 Wizard & Jeweler)
Sanwych Shortorder (EQ2 Ranger & Provisioner)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:53 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Congrats Geal and Amistica. Kinda cool, your daughter has the same bday as my son. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:37 am 
Friend of WoV

Hiya Zhen! Small world. :)

We lucked out that Chelsea has a unique birthday in our family (she missed my grandfather's birthday by one day). This is more of an accomplishment than it sounds, given the plethora of March birthdays that already exist in the extended family. I think there are 15 or more already in the month, if you go out a few branches.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:58 am 
Friend of WoV

Hello Everyone!

I promised to provide more pictures of Chelsea, and I'll deliver by linking you all to Amistica's blog. :)

If you'd like to see more pictures of our daughter, with Ami's commentary, please visit . (For those of you who didn't already know, Amistica = Lisa and Gealaen = Stephen. Chelsea doesn't have an in-game name just yet...her fingers barely span three keys so she can't really play yet. lol)

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:02 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

She is so beautiful! Congratulations mom and dad. :D What a little sweetheart!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:18 am 
Friend of WoV

Thanks, Trezz! :)

She's getting so big, too! At her "two month" check-up, Chelsea measured 23 inches and 11 pounds, 1 ounce. She's even bigger, now, one week later. We took her camping on Friday--was fun! She likes to stare at the trees. Makes me have a little tear come to my druid tree-hugger eye. She's probably going to be a ranger or something ... she's got one heck of a kick already. (Wait, can rangers kick in EQ1? I forget. They're fun to play in EQ2, and can kick there, at least!)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:27 am 
Friend of WoV

Hello Everyone!

Wow, I can't believe it's been four months since the last time I visited the WoV forums. It looks like you guys have been having a fun time in EQ! I kind of miss the game, and totally miss a lot of in game friends. I also miss EQ2 -- Amistica and I have stopped playing that now, too. There just aren't enough hours in the day, and many of them are devoted to Chelsea now! :grin:

When I need to get an RPG fix, I now play Monster's Den on Kongregate. It's a free online dungeon-crawl type of game. You control a party of four adventurers, etc. It's handy on long conference calls. ;)

Thought I'd put up a few recent pictures of Chelsea. I understand it's some kind of parental obligation. Anyone who's not interested in total cuteness can skip the rest of this post. ARR!

Here's a picture of Chelsea at six months of age. She's pushing up on her arms, and is pretty close to crawling now. She's also actively teething ... her first two are coming in now.

I also have a picture of Chelsea from a bit before her half-birthday; this is her playing with Amistica's 7-year-old cousin's toy sword. You can't see it in this picture, but the sword lights up red and blue ... made me think of the Warrior Epic.

I hope everything is going well for all of you Wayfs and friends!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:42 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Cute pics.

Make sure she puts an enraging blow aug in that sword. There's nothing worse than noob warriors running around with non-aggro augs in their tanking weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:34 pm 
Officer

Good choice with the non graphic helm. If I wasn't bald I'd use one too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:26 am 
Friend of WoV

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:14 am 
Wayfarer Herald

Congrats on a beautiful daughter :!: :!:

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:15 am 
Friend of WoV

Thanks!

Today is Chelsea's 7-month birthday. She's 17.5 pounds according to the Wii Fit yesterday, and her two incoming teeth are freaking sharp. (She NOM'ed me.)

Chelsea likes dragons. Amistica and I are teaching her all kinds of normal animal sounds ... you know, sheep say "baaa", cows say "mooo" ... dragons say "RWOR!!!!"