[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Unable to log on

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Unable to log on
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:03 pm 
Officer

Seems yet another great and wonderful patch by SOE has screwed things up. I haven't been able to log any of my accounts on. I get all the way to the character select screen but when I try to load a character into the world after approx. 30 seconds I get the "everquest has detected your client has crashed yada yada" spiel.
So far nothing I've tried has done any good.
Hooray for station cash! Just what we needed!
Bleh

Post subject: Re: Unable to log on
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:14 pm 
Officer

Magelo: 0
Ugh(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 pm 

Unload your UI and revert to default, I imagine you'll be able to get in at that point.

There are several UI files that got changed with todays patch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:21 am 
Officer

I've tried several different things involving the UI. No go. I only use a custom player window with the default UI.
I tried changing the setting in the ui.charname.file, resetting to ui=default, and deleting the entire ui folder and repatching...none of which had any effect. Still crashing at the same point every time. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:07 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Sorry, Fen :( Hope it gets fixed soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:07 am 
Officer

Be sure to do a complete file check if you haven't. I'd also suggest you check the EQ forums to see if anyone is having the same issue. Are you still running EQ on multiple machines? If you are do you have the same problem on both? As always also check to be sure all drivers are up to date.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:40 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

You're not using Windows ME, by chance..are you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:20 pm 
Officer

No, not using ME. Running XP. Did a full file scan. All drivers are current within a couple months. Brand new machine, no extraneous crap on it. Checked the forums, lots having similar problems but the ones that were resolved were all related to the UI and I took all the steps listed there and on this forum...more than once in most cases.
Dunno at this point. Going to try again, I guess.
Oh...and yes, I'm still running EQ on multiple machines. Unable to login on either.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:31 pm 
Officer

I saw you on tonight as I was logging off. You get it fixed?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:54 pm 
Officer

No I didn't, Haams. It's still doing the same thing. I get to char select screen, hit button, it goes to the loading zone files screen, the progress bar zooms through, and crash...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:28 am 
Officer

Not sure if it will help but you might check and/or change your screen resolution to the base settings and see if that helps. I use the stock UI and still have problems. Currently my expedition window and some others will not work on about half my characters since I switched from my old res settings to the max 1080 one. I had to completely remove Zayphs old files and start from scratch but now all his windows work. My laptop was crashing after character select because the resolution set was not compatible with the display. Last worst case I'd say remove and do complete reinstall on one machine.

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:43 pm 
Officer

Well...I'm growing very weary at this point. I have gone through changing to different (meaning outdated but suggested by SOE) video drivers, trying multiple times to delete all the files having anything to do with UI, char and client and eq .ini files, eqgame, etc and repatching. Sat through several hours of that with no change in outcome.
I finally resorted to wiping EQ, loading from an old set of discs and going through a REALLY long patch and changing video drivers yet again. All of that resulted in being unable to even get to the character selection screen now. Instead of crashing and getting the client crashed message when trying to load into the world, I now click on the play button at the server screen and get "a timeout occured" every time.
That 10 day free trial download of WOW is looking really good at this point. Aggravation does not even describe this. :x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:56 pm 
Officer

Don't give up yet! I'm not sure what the problem is, but
I'm sure some one can help solve it. Short of a complete uninstall and reinstall I'm not sure what's left to try.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:46 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I am able to log on Kyleen but when I tried to log in another char, my client crashed also.

Strange, that I was able to log in one char and not another one.

Brought to you by Kyleen, Home of the pink bunny.

(\_/)
(-_-)
(")(")*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:30 am 
Officer

i went though this a few monthes back, timeouts crash at character screen and run time errors turned out to be a stick of bad memory

Lord of the Plane of Fear, Cazic-Thule cannot be confused for anything but a god of evil