[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Station Cash

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Station Cash
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:26 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Well, it's finally happened

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/post ... _id=438343

Remember when Sony had a policy against trading real world cash
for in-game cash, items or characters?

Now they own that system. Who wants to take bets on how long it'll
be before "station cash" turns into "pay to play" in a way that is
continual, rather than monthly? Want a merc? No problem...that'll
be 25 real-world cents per quarter hour...we'll even charge you
continually without bothering you to click a button (don't forget
to turn it off though ;) ). How about that new spell
that you can't seem to research? Sure you can get it for 5000 plat
in the Bazaar, but SoE will just take $5 real world dollars for it.

I smell a trend and it stinks.

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject: Re: Station Cash
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:03 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

It started with LoN. People could spend real money on virtual booster packs in order to get claimable EQ items. Now you will be able to buy items directly instead of having to open packs or trade cards.

From what I can tell, the items buyable are just trinkets like potions and illusions so far. I'm sure it will eventually get to real items, like LoN did with .

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:52 pm 

Here's a URL with all the information.
http://www.station.sony.com/en/stationcash/

No reason to get upset about it.
If you're not going to use it, it doesn't affect your gameplay, right?
Keep playing like you want to play.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:27 pm 
Officer

Sad, just sad. Why bother playing when you can just buy everything, hehe. Granted, Tan is right. So far it's nothing of serious consiquence (sp). Stuff like that is for those who are more concerned about the end and not the journey. It's like those people who dress up in in Stetsons, Levi's, and Justins, and pretend to be cowboys.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:57 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Magelo: 1412672
I can see this from SOEs side of things (they need money, subscriptions are down, economy bites, etc) but it's also one more step towards a game that's completely not what it used to be, even in spirit. Then again, not much is. Change is inevitable. I don't personally mind what I see there as far as trinkets, and I'd love to see the LoN illusions available, but I'm not quite as happy about the sale of XP potions. That gms963 spam you get? They're jumping for joy about those potions. It makes their power-leveling jobs that much easier. The comparison to LoN isn't quite right imo, in LoN you have a chance at a loot card at $3 each try (not counting player trades) - with this, you just straight up buy what you want.

The Vision (tm) is not only dead, it's at the bottom of a toxic landfill.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:29 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:53 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
I just have to say it:

I love EQ. I have fun almost every time I log in. I'm never tempted to quit or change to another game.

That is all.

Carry on. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:36 am 

I think these are services that have been available in EQ for a very long time, PL=XP pots Plat=Gear, etc.. maybe not exactly but im sure its not that big of a stretch, that being said, no matter your view points towards Sony, EQ or these 3rd party plat seller/PLers. I would rather see Sony get the money for their game over GM963 or other lame sites. I love Everquest, for better or for worse.

people are all different, are in different situations, and play differently, To each their own. I don't think these items will effect the game that much,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:25 am 
Friend of WoV

Gealaen Gaiamancer (EQ2 Warden & Tailor)
Thaentos (EQ2 Shadowknight & Carpenter)
Acade Spiritscribe (EQ2 Mystic & Sage)
Aegad Bottlebreaker (EQ2 Conjuror & Alchemist)
Tyraen Thornheart (EQ2 Ranger & Woodworker)
Ardra (EQ2 Wizard & Jeweler)
Sanwych Shortorder (EQ2 Ranger & Provisioner)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:51 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Amen Alley. Actually, the darn idiots that train people intentionally and are never dealt with give me much more heartache than this.

Reality is, its a different world and changing fast. My neighbor two down got hired for a new job, and then when he showed up they told him sorry, they froze the position - and he was on the street again. Next door neighbor's company laid off 45% of employees last week. And my company is going to do layoffs later this month - I have no idea what will happen to me.

So if somebody wants to waste $10 buying virtual trinkets, whatever! Still lots of stuff in this game to keep me distracted and happy! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:26 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:28 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

This isn't anything new now to MMORPGs. The free MMORPGs use this way as an alternative to make money and certain asian ones also let you pay like $10 to buy coin/credit/tokens/store cash to buy potions, unique cloths, scrolls, etc. Here's a link http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?PAR ... temGallery to an example of one that let's you pay real money for an in-game cash store so you can buy items you couldn't get anywhere else.