[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - here comes that crazy ranger

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:50 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

:banana: Hello every one! long time one see. :woot: Thought I would make an apperance :P Well I had a conversation with snowcap and I was informend SOE wants use to revive or characters and I figured I could dust off my ranger for a romp around norrath for a while.

I have run into some issue apperantly I cant log in and or it has been so long since I have logged in I know longer know how to lol.

I get to this screen and past practice says It should auto play however it does not?Image

Any one have any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:57 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Try doing a full scan.

And hiya! Wb :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:06 pm 
Elder

Magelo: 0
hiya Laldaas :!:

Have you tried clicking on the preferences button?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 pm 
Wayfarer Herald

Hey Lal long time no see glsd u are thinking of coming bck to us for howerever short a time it might be the Wayfs will be excited i am sure

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Last edited by Rhennium on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:32 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

wow Allegretta and Malbro you guys are still around, cool beans. wow! I have been a way for a while. yeah yea know, new job, new wife, new house, well all in all new life, lol. all is well. finding time to screw around is not what is was, but still is.

however we all find time to play and it is time to screw around a litlle bit :P I tried the perference tad and asks if I am willing for the download to run in the back round. still cant not log in which is very frustrating but I will work it out eventually. :mrgreen:

For the life of me I can not figure out why it will not load to the character selection screen.

/shrugs shoulders

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:58 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Hiya Laldaas!
I recently ran downloaded the entire game through the patcher and it took several days of attempts to finally get it to work. One thing I noticed is my particular set up was pausing the download when my screen saver or standby power would kick in. I had to disable all that and let the download work for about 17 uninterrupted hours to get it all updated enough to log in. Not that I've found the time to actually play though :roll:
Sounds like RL is going well for you and that is great to hear - :woot:

~the ghost of Durezil's past

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:31 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Durezil Coppahtahp HOLY COW! You crazy enchanter! long time no see!

2am and many cocktails later I am still trying to log in! lol. I forget how long I have been away I really miss the place. RL has been good to me heck I even have a dog now WOW!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:33 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

No problems running the download of the patch all is well. it simply looks like autoplay should kick in but it simply just does not. I feel as though if there was a play button to click I would be hunting down knolls but I got nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:35 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

several years away I see nothing has changed with SOE how is it possible there is no tech support on the weekends only mon-fri
amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:14 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

ok tomorrow is another day for now I give up! The greater question remains to be seen. Do I get a WOV tag when I finally get to log in? LOL cya soon! :chili: :banana: :banana: :banana: :chili:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:05 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Ok so trouble shooting this here has anyone had connection problems being behind a fire wall and or a router. I have a pretty extensive network at home. Perhaps this is my problems.

Has anyone had to enable any ports in there router or had to assign any permissions?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:17 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Sorry you're still having trouble, Laldaas! I hope someone will be able to give you some useful advice.

And of course we'll get you tagged as soon as you can log in. We'll be happy to have you back in the guild again. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:32 am 

There shouldn't be any problems running through a router or firewall.

What firewall are you using? software on the PC or hardware between the PC and the "outside"?
If you need to open it up, lemme see ...

Launchpad is the only thing that I had to allow outside access. If it's downloading, it's open enough.
EQ itself shouldn't require an exception.

If you've done a Full Scan, try unchecking Autoplay. The Updating... should change to Play. You click Play and you're in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 am 
Officer

What OS? What video card? What version of directx?
Program must have admin permissions I believe.

I had this problem in Vista it would show patching and complete but not continue. I must run in admin mode each time to actually patch and play.

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:22 pm 

This might help, I hope so anyway. See ya soon.

http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/so ... faqid=1668

B