[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - AA experience change

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AA experience change
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:44 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Sony is doing something to help people with lower AA counts get caught up. /applaud

Essentially, the further you are below a yet undetermined AA baseline the more you will earn for AA experience. So if the baseline is 1000 AAs and you only have 500 AAs you mine earn double experience towards AAs. The amount you earn will decrease the closer you get to the baseline, but will never fall below what you get now.

This will change how some people view leveling compared to AA'ing.

Here's the thread:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=128067

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:04 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Location: You dont wanna know...for that matter...I dont wanna know...
Magelo: 0
yay!! finally i can really get the aa's flowing in hehe

Heligast Dragonkin 77 Necromancer
Magnamund Summersword 56 Enchanter
Illuvian 26 Ranger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:06 pm 
Friend of WoV

Some people will applaud this move....i am in the category of a low aa count but do not applaud this move.

It seems that as the game progresses we have moved from what originally made this game appeal to some of us...... It's difficulty..... the fact that you actually had to make Corpse Runs etc.

This just seems like one more attempt to make the game easier and negate the accomplishments of some.

But in all honesty the money that is to be made by Sony is not in those of us who have played since the beginning and despite hard times still play the game it is to make adjustments that will bring in characters that are not looking for a game that takes as much effort as it used to.

Just my 2 cents worth......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:01 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I have to agree with Evirting .. leveling the playing field

Last edited by maden on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:07 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
I absolutely respect Evirting and Maden's viewpoints; Haams expressed a similar opinion last night. I agree in a way.

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here: Why does it not benefit all of us to have more of our guildies with more AAs? It doesn't take anything away from me. I will still earn AAs at the same rate I always did.

If I'm in a group with someone who took a long break from the game or who has decided to level up an alt, it's completely to my benefit to have him do more damage via AAs, heal better via AAs, camo me instantly, cure me more efficiently, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:08 am 
Friend of WoV

Yes I do agree it will be beneficial for those of us with low AA counts and i read a post on AR forums about it prolonging the life of our beloved game... If it prolongs the life of EQ I imagine some of us can overlook our distaste for it however there comes a time when your veteran players will leave once again due to changes that stray from what originally made Everquest great....the long difficult process the fact that the game took time and effort. Every single one of us has felt that pride that came from completing a quest, finishing there epic, or getting a tradeskill to a target level. That feeling is what makes us play this game, the feeling that we accomplished something. I just hope Sony remembers that feeling and doesn't make changes until this game resembles other games that take no thought or effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:39 am 

this is posted with a sarcastic edge

I'm sure we all long for the days of buying things one at a time and no bazaar too, right?

There is no way to add content to the game and keep it stagnant at the same time. Every game has to evolve and change is constant if you want to survive. As much talk as I hear about the "old game" and how hard it was, I would also say the core of the game hasn't changed. Having a "hard" system doesn't mean that it is/was better! It's still difficult to do the things that we did (level appropriate) and there is continually a sense of achievement for the things that we're doing now.

Making the game more accessible is not a bad thing. Without paying customers, we can't continue to play the game. Unfortunately, a lot of people have been coddled with the "make it easy, please" attitudes of games like World of Warcraft, where you're led by the nose and leveling to max level is a matter of a couple weeks of effort.

THIS change however, is not in that vein, I feel. I've been playing for a very long time ... and I'm not max level, nor am I anywhere close to having a huge number of AAs. I believe that this change to AA xp, is a good thing, as it will increase the availability of AAs for everyone, including those of us with more casual play times. A code change that lets them change the X point for AA gain, makes it easier for SoE to deal with changes later in the game as expansions appear.

There have been a lot of good things coming from the dev team lately, I believe that this will be one of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:51 am 
Friend of WoV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:57 am 
Guild Leader

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

Last edited by Windelyn on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:14 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:40 am 
Friend of WoV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:45 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:45 pm 
Friend of WoV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:46 pm 
Guild Leader

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:15 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172