[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - DH Tuesday.... The beginning

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:42 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:03 pm 
Officer

Magelo: 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:22 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:33 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

And shepards we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath desended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be...
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
-Boondock Saints

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:06 am 

Magelo: 500172

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:07 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

I wanted to point out some strategy tips from the DH last night while they are fresh on my mind so we can be more successful in the future.

1) About 12 Dragon Hunters are needed for a win. I believe we've never won with less than 11 so far.

2) The most successful way to clear the giants out of the dragon's lair is to allow an experienced monk to FD pull them. Sarthini showed us all how slick this method works in both the Kael practice raid and again last night on our 3rd try at Naggy. No other method of approaching the dragon's lair has worked remotely this well (except if you have a half dozen 65+ babysitters clearing and mezzing for you).

3) While the giants have high resists (nearly all spells were being reported as "resisted"), they die fast enough from direct melee and the occasional landed spell that it hardly seems worthwhile to try and debuff them.
However the dragons take minutes to kill (Naggy took 4 1/2 minutes if I watched the clock right) and it seems worthwhile for every caster to at least try to land a resist-reducer FIRST. This should allow at least one or two of them to land, opening the way for the rest of spells to land throughout combat.

All this, aside from the usual strategy issues of insuring the MT has aggro, casters stand under the belly of the beast to land spells, and have resists as high as possible before walking into the room, of course.

Hoping this helps or starts a discussion leading us to even better DH raids,

Drex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:18 pm 

I really want to stress how great it was that everyone stuck it out! The loot was great and the hunt was a blast :)

I'm hoping we can get a good gathering for NEXT Tuesday!

70 Bard, at your service

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:56 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Are we giving Naggy/Vox a breather this week or are we up to try again? If we are cutting their wings on Tuesday count me in. After the lessons learned from the previous week I'm excited to put everything together for 1 enjoyable night. 8)

And shepards we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath desended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be...
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
-Boondock Saints

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:11 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

I intend to be there Tuesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:27 am 

Tuesday is Dragon Killing day for the next few weeks at least :) we'll see where it goes.

70 Bard, at your service

Post subject: Vox up but not Naggy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:30 pm 
Elder

I just went over and checked on Vox and she is still up. Didn't really expect Naggy to be up again but checked anyway.

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:06 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Bleh Tuesdays... No computer time for me :P

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:44 pm 
Elder

Vox withstood our assault and came out victorious. :(

We had an unusual occurrence where Tagwen's and Rhen's bodies would spawn in PoK at their deaths. This caused a lot of waiting in between attempts.

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:34 pm 

Apologies for missing out :( I had all intentions of being there today. Traffic problems kept me away for a couple extra hours today :(

A lot of rain and flooding and closed roads seems to really mess up traffic around here... go figure :(

70 Bard, at your service

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:03 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

More lessons to learn:

From our first wipe, it appears that Vox and her minions took unkindly to ANY intrusion..specifically, it looks like Seefeel (who is level 65 and was along babysitting us), didn't just get bumped out of PF as punishment for entering Vox's lair, but apparantly that was enough to cause them to storm out and wipe us. Nobody else seems to have been out of the room, so this is a good reason to be cautious about anyone leaving the "pull room" in the future. This is especially weird, as I recall plenty of other times that we've had high-levels with us, get near the dragons, and do nothing else except get bumped.

From our second wipe, that was partly mismanagement on my part, partly lack of ability to control pets. Vox came when Sarthini was monk-pulling, and while we all stood safely in the pull room, Vox decided to let out with her ice breath. Well, the radius was enough to tag us in the pull room and our loyal-but-stupid pets ran in to fight Vox. My paniced instinct was to kill all pets and hope Vox ran away, but I'd forgotten that dead pets would just mean Vox would turn her attention to us and not run away. So, after the "kill all pets" command, I realized we she was still fighting (and summoning me), so I switched to "Kill Vox" command, but by then too late. Our MT and puller and pets were out of it and we wiped soon after.
The real bummer of it appears that Vox was alone in the hallway and we most likely had a shot at killing her. She was reported to have gotten down a bit (75%? 50%) before we wiped.

And yes, the bug with corpses not in zone added at least 45 minutes to an hour of unnecessary waiting. Apparantly it was caused by some GM who was casting all kinds of interesting illusions on folks in PoK earlier (that was a good show, by the way), and those who'd received such illusions were bugged with corpses porting back to PoK.

It was a cursed raid, but for all that, we actually could have made it if things had gone a tad smoother.

Last edited by Drexxell on Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next