[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - A "DiRe" SiTuAtIoN PART 1

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:24 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
On the second go around, I think the dragon cast an AoE spell at the very beginning, although I don't know what triggered the dragon's aggro. Following Vae's instructions to use any DPS available, I summoned my bear pet; poor little Pooh died before I realized we had even engaged. As a healer, I noticed at the same time that my entire group's health dropped about 10%.

I also think I know why I was the only one to survive the first engagement; I was so busy healing that I never cast any offensive spells on the dragon. That still doesn't explain why I didn't get heal aggro, but when everyone else was dead I was standing there looking at the dragon, who wasn't rampaging after me. I succored to clear aggro just in case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:37 am 

Magelo: 0
Tried to look at my logs for the fight, but only see the 'black fog' message hit all of the pets ... then they attack. Followed by Vae's Death Pact succeeding, then him dying, he didn't have a chance to get Defensive discipline off.

Our first attempt showed that it is possible to do these. We got the dragon to 59% which I'll admit, I was impressed by. I didn't think we'd do quite that well.

For this dragon in particular, I would say that we keep everyone back out of range, 'cept the poor MT and let a call for assist bring it all on. I would certainly hate to think that someone jumped the gun and got 20+ people killed the second time, but that's really what it looks like.

Puretone and maybe Psalm of Veeshan for resists?
Disc Defensive and then ... once it's down in health (what %?) ... we burn it down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:57 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I agree about keeping ppl out of range until assist call is made. Those few seconds waiting many were taking damage with no output. As long as snare isn't part of the mob's arsenal, keeping a safe distance should be a priority. Ranger and Wiz dps would definitely turn the tide in our favor in my opinion. My nukes were landing well but no where near the capacity of Wiz bombs.

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:07 am 
Friend of WoV

Agreed about the out of range part. Also, Stonewall defensive disc lasts a pretty long time. Also Aura of Runes is a good Def Disc, but doesn't last too long. When we first engaged the Dire Leech, I popped AoR and then used SW against the Dragon which didn't last long enough. The second time around, I did not go Defensive at all against the Leech, but did not get a chance to pop a Def disc that time. Based on what I saw while fighting the Dragon, I think both of them would be sufficient to last thru killing the Dragon.

Here are my two coppers:

1) Don't worry about junk buffs. We all saw that we didn't get dispelled.

2) One group...the primary Tanking group, engages the Dire Leech, with all other groups back a safe distance. (if there are any pet classes in the MT group, the pets whould be back with the others, or just make sure there are no pet classes in that group)

3) Everyone stays back until the MT calls the assist.

4) I would even consider a CH Rot for once the Tank is no longer defensive.

5) Need more nukers. They should stay back, just at the edge of their casting Range.

Also, did any of the slowers that were there notice if a slow landed or not on the Dragon?

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:17 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:18 am 
Elder

Magelo: 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:11 pm 
Friend of WoV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:50 pm 

Sorry Kryyna. Phrased that incorrectly. I meant we needed another patch healer of some kind besides the cleric, and besides any shamans who would be trying to deal with the dot in each group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:53 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

that would mean a whole lotta healing power .. firgure three clerics just for vae(or whatever main tank we have) three or four shams (depengin on groups) and one druid per group healing the other members..

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:03 pm 
Friend of WoV

Clerics also have Celestial Regen spell that is mana free and instant cast for groups. I must say in the past when we have done these the clerics are usually focused, when in CH rotation, on keeping MT alive. It is tough to also heal the group. Having back up healers would be excellent. Druid and shammy mix would be good - Druids also have some nice nuking ability. Shammies for slow. Both have pets. These new epic mobs have some goofy abilities - such as the one in POI with the AOE Blindness. This mob seems to have an AOE nuke from the previous posts. I guess we will all learn to play our characters to the best of our abilities and see what happens