[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - There is Rage in Fear

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:58 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
I tried every avenue for assistance, including a petition. The petition was answered before the raid was over, and I was informed very politely that the Ireblind Imp was "performing as intended," so no help would be forthcoming. The GM apologized and wished me a good day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:07 am 

Well after everything calm'd down (like an hour after everyone left) I decided to go back. Was not sure if i wanted to go in but i had a train behind me so i jumped in. Zone-in was clear and i made my way to SW wall when they dragged bodys with no problem. I probably just got lucky but i got my body back. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:08 am 

Woot! I'm glad to hear that, Wilywu. :)

Proves the adage "Rangers rush in where angels fear to tread . . ."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:23 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I've read this morning about very similar experiences other guilds have had. They all have the same problem with finding a safe spot. The rogue message board has a thread on it, and all rogues agree that the SE corner is safest IF you can get people there without invis's breaking. The SW corner is considered "safe" only because it's close to the zone in and therefore easier to reach. I sat in the SE corner for a good 10 minutes and nothing wandered very close by. The SW corner, as we're all painfully aware of, is littered with mobs but there are short windows of opportunity to get there and get out. The general consensus seems to be that as long as that imp is up, a CR is near impossible without going in on the heels of another raid. This was not a Wayfarer error by any means, for what it's worth. Guilds far more advanced and equipped are falling to this guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:40 am 
Officer

Magelo: 0
My first 2 corpses are expired for sure. The 3rd is possibly rezzable and the 4th should still have over and hour on it. Are we going to try to get corpses tonight or wait for shadowrest to get them? I'd like to express how proud I was of everyone taking such an IMPossible situation and remaining calm with good humor throughout. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:42 am 

Someone said we would try tonight to get them at 6:30 - I don't know if that's central time or what. I am assuming all four of mine are beyond rez, but I hate to wait a week to get my gear back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:09 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I have class again on Mondays but this semester it's only 3 hours instead of the 5 hour nightmare over the summer. I may be able to get on around 9:30 EST for corpse retrieval and hopefully rezzes. I lost count on how many corpses I have though. I think it's 6, but the good news is they should all be rezzable if I can get to them within a 45 min to an hour of logging on.

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:12 am 
Wayfarer Herald

Alley, it was I that said that we might try at 6:30 central to start a CR. I am sure that Rheniium's 2 corpses are beyond the rez timer. An probably the 1 that Darcasterr left there (but at least she did get her gear other than the 'ammo' that is always left in case of death). I will make sure that Darcasterr is there with some "Talisman of Return" and QoK ready for our non-gaters in case Bten or another wizard is not there to get them out of the zone.

I wish to thank all that showed up for the raid and feel badly that it turned into an IMPossible situation. I do not know (and never will) who spawned the Ireblind Imp and had thought that we would just bypass the zerker epic drop in favor of other drops since I was worried that we might do exactly as someone else evidently did. This was very bad planning ion the part of the SOE Development Team, in mho, to put a mob of this type so near the zone-in. If they were going to do this, why did they not change the access level requirement to at least 55 if not even higher. Wilywu did get back in last night at about 9:45 central to loot his corpse and at that time the IMPs were still up. That is 6 1/2 hours after we first entered :(

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:19 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

One thing that helped me get my corpse looted and get out was my ability to track corpse. I loaded that before going in, and immediately ran right to my corpse...half-looted, then got whacked by the Imp...I ran away at about 50% health...SoE kept me moving much faster than the mobs...I circled around, and began hitting "track corpse" again...found my way back, finished looting and gated out just as they began hitting me again.

If I hadn't been able to so easily run away blindly and find my way straight back, I wouldn't have been successful. So, what I'm advocating is, if possible, get a "" from your local tinker or at least a and that may speed things up, giving you the "run away, and come back easily" ability, if, like me, you get lost really easily when running in panic.

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:19 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I'll be there tonight to help. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:27 am 

I posted a thanks on Custodi del Drago's website for their assistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:32 am 

if im on at all this week, i'll very likely be playing reka...freez is parked in shadowrest, waiting patiently for his revenge on the imp...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:33 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:30 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:59 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next