[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Call to Arms...or should that be Hands?

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:34 pm 
Friend of WoV

Ooh, Zeno, do you have an assisted heal macro? I've been meaning to put this up and I keep forgetting. Tallon Zek procs a shadowstep which makes holding agro really really difficult. So, we were told to use a macro that looks kinda like this:

/pause1, /assist
/pause 34, /cast 4 (I always have a patch heal on 4)

So, you target the mob, hit your macro and whoever the mob is hitting gets targeted and healed. There's room for you to add "/g fast heal to %t" if you want to also. I thought it was neat and never would've come up with it on my own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:06 pm 
Friend of WoV

Okay...wasn't really gonna post anymore on this since it completely devolved from what the post started out as. But I figured I would go ahead and post so here is my 2 cents...

(p.s. this is info from experience and partly my own opinion on matters, please do NOT take any offense to what I say...everyone has their own interpretations...)

Being a Tank...either Warrior, Ranger, Shadownight or Monk...we love getting healed. It is true that I do not care WHERE the heal comes from or when it lands, as slong as it lands.

HOWEVER, there ARE circumstances/situations where I have a MUCH different opinion.

GROUPS: In a group, I want heals coming from the Cleric and the Cleric ONLY. If there is a backup healer in the group and I am at 15% health and the cleric has yet to call the CH, then I expect to see a small heal incoming from the backup healer. I try to keep the mobs between me and what I consider my "Support Staff". The reason I do this is so I can see if any of them are getting beat. If so, I can step over, grab agro off the cleric/chanter until they can get the mob remezzed or a heal landed. In a Group, I consider my chanter's and cleric's mana level the most important resource I have. If my healer has no mana, or my CC has no mana..then the group is basically dead in the water and we are 'wasting' time having to med. If the cleric feels his/her mana has been wasted because the backup healer was healing when it wasn't really necessay, then I expect the Cleric and backup healer to discuss the problem and for the Cleric to let the backup healer know when to heal. I.E. "If I haven't called a CH at 30%, would you mind landing a couple quick heals until I can get a CH landed?".

Raids: This is a little tougher one to comment on as raids can be from 7 to 72 people. My opinion of this is simple. The Raid Clerics NEED to tell the backup healers WHEN the backups should start landing heals on the MT(s) ONLY. In a raid, 9 times out of 10, the MT should be the clerics PRIMARY point of all heals they cast. If there is a backup healer in the group with the cleric, the Cleric should let the backup know what they should expect as far as healing goes. If the Cleric wants to handle all heals...fine. If the Cleric wants to JUST worry about the Tank of their group and let the backup worry about everyone else...fine. BUT...the Cleric MUST let the backup healer know...don't leave your backup healers in the dark. If you do, it could be the difference between a successful raid or a wipe.

In short, COMMUNICATION is the single most important thing between any and ALL healers. Be they in a group together or a raid, it doesn't matter. We all play our characters differently and we should all respect those differences...period. That is what makes this game so fun play.

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:06 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Ohhhhhhh NICE !!
Thanks Harle !!

I will try that out next time I am on my Cleric, it sounds GREAT !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:25 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

This is a good discussion and I have very little to add. When I am tanking I do not care who heals me. That is for my healer(s) to decide. An incoming heal message does help though for me to determine how much I need to help along. If I see a heal message coming much sooner then I feel is needed I will use that as a good time to click a mod rod and restore some mana. On the other hand, if I feel a heal is coming late then I will tend to use my big inefficient lifetap to buy myself an extra second or 2 til the heal comes.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject: CH and Back up heals
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:28 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

What an interesting topic. A lot of intersting points of view. I think what we are seeing here is there is no hard and true rule as to what people will do to keep there friends and group members alive. I think that through communtication while raiding and grouping all healing issues can be resloved.

I hate to say it but as a cleric I base all of my healing energy on what is required at the time. As clerics level , gain new spells, add AA points, and add better equipment to their inventory our choices for healing change. Before YaulpV we are pretty much stuck medding and casting CH or HoT not much else for us to do if we want to keep killing mobs at a decent pace. I think during this period of our lives it is very easy for us to get our CH timing down as long as we arn't distracted. After yaulp V it is possible for us to get caught in a bloodlust. Now we have an insane procing hammer, our personal Hp/ac/mana buff and a way to get our mana back as we are standing and fighting. At this point I hate to admit this but it is possible to forget you are the ....ummmm.... healer. Sure was nice to have the back up healer at this point :).

Now for the way I heal (and this is not set in stone because cause each group is different).

Just thought of something I need to add before I get into this. I use EQwatcher while I play. This program translates My tells to speach, so I am not distracted trying to read the print on the screen in the heat of battle. It also Lets me know when the Mob has been slowed (this is the main reason I use it, the programed says "%T has been slowed". Knowing that the mob has been slowed changes your healing stratagy. The program can be downloaded at EQwatcher.com.

First thing I do is YaulpVI.

Second thing as I do is stun the mob as it comes in and starts fighting. The reason for this is to give the shammy or enc a chance to slow it before it starts ripping into the MT.

After step 2 then I get choices.....at least it's mutiple choice and not essay...doh going to have to finish this later Time to leave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:33 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan