[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Temple of Veeshan Sunday May 25th

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:47 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Time: 1pm CST (11am PST/ 2PM EST)

Goal: To explore a zone that will be new to most of us. The plan is to try the halls of testing.

Meet: In PoK at the Shar Vahl Stone. It is conveniently located in the corner between Nexus & PoT. From there we will Port to CS and make the trip to ToV.

This will be open to anyone 50+ with at least duboius CoV faction. It is recommended getting Fire & Cold Resists as high as possible beforehand as well.

If anyone has some good reference material about this zone, then please post links below.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 1:23 am 
http://www.geocities.com/waldi_waldmeister/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:56 pm 
Friend of WoV

Great Guide......Nice Find !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:05 am 
I must say, thats a NICE explaination of MT tactics!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:25 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Now with the chat channel thingie it's VERY helpful to have all clerics in their own channel (join /wovheal) and have the cast order worked out ahead of time.

Durezil Coppahtahp aka
Polusia Consilio 50 cleric of Tunare

Post subject: CoV faction
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:52 am 

Ok I have been on two Kael raids and killed enough Frost Giants I never really wanna kill one agian.. But other than walking up to a dragon and asking him how he's doing? How can I accurately check my faction with them?

Jjonas 51 Monk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:58 am 
Friend of WoV

With the channel thing, I've been making Shaman channels on each raid that I do that has more then one shaman in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:11 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

The easiest was to check faction is to get a port to Cobalt Scar. Once there just peek out of the ring and con a drake or wyvern. These are all on CoV faction, but only the 2 named ones have faction hits.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:15 pm 
Friend of WoV

I just wanna let all know who are gonna want to come on this Raid that the min. level for doing HoT is 55, unless of course ur decked out in all Uber armor already, then maybe a 53 or a 54 might do. Also just because u have been to Kael 2x that doesnt mean that u have enuff faction to go to ToV. I would suggest that anyone wanting to come to ToV start hunting in Kael to get ur faction solidly on CoV faction & if ur not 55 yet to hunt in PoP or Seb to get ur levels up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:06 pm 
Officer

The other way to check your faction is to go to the wurm cavens in Great Divide, there's a named wurm there (not the Broodmother) who is under CoV faction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:44 pm 
Friend of WoV

Nytrix will be there,. He should be 63 by then and really wants to assassinate some dragons.

~~ Nytassasinz ..LVL 19 Drakkin Rogue ~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:01 pm 
I will be there!.... I have wanted to kill those dragons for a while )P Lol
I will try to be there lil early, to help with the ports.

Smiles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:46 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:48 am 
I would recommend looking over this post before going. I read it before my first HoT outing and even tho it is 1.5 years old it holds very true on all the mobs still. Trying to get spells to stick on a 100% MR mob will just get you trouble. Alot of the AE's can be removed with Celstial Cleansing or the quested LoY spell from what I remember. Anvilhead was MT for alot of raids that first went here from RoS along time ago. Whoever the puller is going to be will also want to take a look at this pulling guide from Monkly Business. If your mobs are pulled in the wrong order you have the chance of a mob gating back to his spawn and summoning and killing you one at a time with several mobs between you and the ledge. The door leading to the ledge is referred to as the HOT door. If you are fighting inside and someone opens it, Zemm and several of the outside drakes will assist. If the door is shut and you drag corpses, they come thru the door and hurt you. Only way to corpse drag is to fd and /summon when fd'ed. Don't worry about taking too many people, there have been numerous occasions that because of adds or gates that we wiped a 40 person, avg level 60 raid here. One of the nicest zones I've seen but can be tough at times.

Notnilc

http://www.ringofshadows.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=451

http://www.monkly-business.com/articles ... cleNum=168

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:55 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Thanks for the info, Notnilc. The RoS link requires login and a password, but the other comes up.