[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Heroes Raids

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heroes Raids
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:35 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Heroes raids begin at 6:30 central and last until approximately 10:00 pm central. They raid every other day.

Targets are not announced until right at raid time. This guild is currently raiding faction-based targets, so it's possible some might not be able to go depending on faction standings.

Heroes does not use DKP. Loot is awarded via loot council, with a formula based on raids attended, date of last loot award, and other factors. When an item is announced that you want to put in for, you link your item that it would replace. Items are awarded one at a time, and quickly. At Heroes' request, one of our officers is in the loot council channel where the decisions are made.

Wayfarers on Probationary Membership status are treated as apps on Heroes' raids; i.e. they do not qualify for loot consideration until they are full members of WoV.

The main channel to join is heroeslfg:lfg. The raid chat channel and heal channels are changed for every raid. Once you're in heroeslfg, you will be asked to give someone a tell for channel info. If you have not raided with Heroes before, be sure to say that you're a Wayfarer when you ask for channel info. There are other channels, hopefully listed below by someone who knows what they are.

Heroes is like AR in that /rsay is for raid officers only.

Boxing and / or playing an alt is permissible ONLY with the express consent of the guild leader (Finrol) and the class representative.

NOTE: Although guests are welcome on Wayfarer raids, at this time only WoV-tagged folks may attend Heroes raids.

What to bring with you: heal pots, movement/levitation pots, invisibility pots, working maps, and your "A" game.

What you should expect: a lot of fun with a great group of people in an intense, focused, fast-paced setting.

Post subject: Re: Heroes Raids
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:02 am 
Elder

Magelo: 0
The beastlord channel is beastlords:rus.

BSTs are expected to be in the heal channel and, if they have the AA, cast focused paragon on whomever says they are minus mana.

Don't expect to be in a WoV group as they spread people around based on class. For example, I was in with 4 rogues and a shammy last night.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:10 am 
Friend of WoV

Hello my name is Holyern. Just thought I would pop on and welcome WoV to heroes raids. I am the cleric rep. for heroes and also I usually lead the healer channel on the raids. If you have any questions about the healer channel your welcome to send me a tell don't be shy :) Looking forward to seeing more of you folks on our joint ventures. I think we will have some fun and together get to see many new things. Have a great day and see you all soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:42 am 

/wave Holyern :) Welcome to our forum!

Please pass along any info you think we should have. We're eager to learn and assist wherever you need us.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:50 am 
Elder

Hiya and welcome Holyern. /wave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:36 am 
Friend of WoV

Hi this is Ant (Anthirian). I usually get to lead the raids when Breako is out of town; though we share the roles and collaborate strongly within the raid team. I wanted to let you know what I posted on the Heroes site yesterday so you were aware. We are trying to get us moving a little faster, so here's what I said:

--------------------------------------------------------------
:soapbox:

We have been fairly lax of late on raids and not pushed ourselves in terms of how much we get done on any given night. Specifically this gives us little chance of getting through all of tier 2 Demi (4 events). So we are going back to what we should be doing each raid:

1. Starting on time - we can clear early instead of sitting in the guild hall waiting for enough folks for a main event.
2. Shortened loot time - we need to speed this up again and start clearing toward next target while we do it.
3. Bringing our A game and everyone paying attention to raid directions.

We will always face problems of having enough of the right classes and sufficient numbers but at our level we should be able to push the envelop in terms of working around the problems.

I know we can do it, so let's show how good we really are!

Thanks all.

--------------------------------------------------------------

We enjoy having you WoV folks along and you have certainly helped us do things we would normally be too low on numbers and classes at times to attempt. You are all great players and I look forward to seeing you all again.

BTW any questions / problems on raids or on website access just post here or Heroes site or let me know in game please and I will do my best to help.

Thanks, Ant.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:50 pm 
Friend of WoV

Let me clarify the policy on boxing alts on raids. There are two approvals required:

1. Class rep to judge if boxed alt has the level, gear and spells for events we doing
2. Raid leader to judge if we have the need

Also we assess how well someone boxes their alt at events to make sure it is a benefit and not a problem. The raid leader uses this to decide on attending future raids.

So basically if you are a good boxer, the alt is up to snuff for the events and the need is there. And more often then not we benefit from additional well played chars.

Thanks, Ant.

p.s Great job last night, though it went on forever. We lost the first shot at Devlin on timing and a set of adds that wouldn't root or mez. Given you are learning these events in a hurry and we are rusty it went as planned to get through all three events in one night, just took a little longer than anticipated. But it shows we have a decent chance at finishing tiers 1 and 2 in a raid week. So thanks all :chili:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:48 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Is that only for BOXING?

I ask this because my new main is my paladin, however I have a lvl 75 cleric that was my main during my AR days. I'd be willing to play that char at Heroes raids I am able to attend, if more clerics were needed. Tho I would much prefer to play my paladin and learn the melee side of raids.

A few people might vouch for my ability as a cleric. And if they don't....I wouldn't blame them.

Here is my clerics Magelo, to see if he is up to snuff....

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1072817

If this does only cover Boxing a second char during a raid. Just ignore me :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:47 pm 
Friend of WoV

Sorry on the delay in replying Zhentaren. The same basic principles apply to bringing an Alt instead of a main and that is usually only done at the request of the raid leader, rather than in the case of a boxed alt where its is usually requested by the player. I have asked some folks to bring an alt instead of their main when we have been in extreme need for a specific class to be able to do anything useful event wise. It doesn't happen too often but it does happen. Clerics and chanters normally fall into this group. So it's good to know that you have a cleric available if the need arises. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:01 am 
Friend of WoV

Here is what Finrol said in channels last night and has posted on the Heroes website:

Similar to what we did when we started Anguish - ALL augs are loot to start. Once an aug type goes to random most all the time, we will then move back to the 45 rule.

I am making the suggestion that folks pay particular attention to who benefits most from the augs. My recommendations as to classes are listed below:

Of course, anyone can bid on any item they wish to bid for. The loot council will use the same criteria as always to award loot.

(AUG) +90 HP +90 Mana + SV CORRUPTION: +20 (drops east & west only, all the rest can drop in east, west and north))
(AUG) 190 +190 HP +210 Mana +210 End
(AUG) +20 AC +140 HP +120 Mana +120 End (suggest warriors first)
(AUG) +140 HP +120 Mana +120 End + Combat Effects: +10
(AUG) +130 HP +130 Mana +130 End + Avoidance: +20
(AUG) Dmg 7 (2H) +130 HP +130 Mana +130 End (suggest Paladins and Shadowknights first)
(AUG) +130 HP +130 Mana +130 End + Shielding: +4%
(AUG) +120 HP +140 Mana +140 End + Stun Resist: +5%
(AUG) +120 HP +140 Mana +140 End + Spell Shield: +5%

Happy hunting and looking forward to our new progression.

:heifer:
Take care WoV, Ant.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:57 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:27 pm 

You're allowed to loot a /randed aug every 45 days, so if you won one on September 1, no point rolling again until October 15.

I keep the date of my aug win on my notes window, which is also the location of the current raid's channels and sometimes the druid epic rot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:18 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Thanks Alley

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:50 pm 
Friend of WoV

I have a question about getting task/expedition adds for raids. I can usually only raid about once a week due to wife aggro (she's not a fan of me raiding since it requires so much more of my attention than normal play). However there are often times when I'm on while a raid is going on, just not available to raid. There are several rank 3 spells that are unlocked in the void simply by having the raid completed which a person could be task/expedition added into. My question is what is the Heroes/WoV policy on this? Obviously I would only request this if the raid wasn't full and would happily be the first bumped if a raid did fill up. I would even be ok with this counting as raid loot since I wouldn't be participating. Any official policy on this?

Nemesis of Quillmane and self-proclaimed master of Kedge Keep
Lease holder for the rooftops of Gyrospires Beza and Zeka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:00 pm 

I don't know. It's my impression that those raids are usually full, but we'll bump this question over to Tanliel, who is WoV's representative on the raid team.